The Bees by Laline Paull

June 02, 2015

I really tried hard with this book. Honestly, I even bent the rules and stuck with it after 50 pages which is usually my cut off point. In fact I stuck around until page 162. At which point I decided that life is too short and sometimes when you know it isn’t right, you just know.

I guess it could have been cool if it wasn’t about bees. If it was about an isolated tribe who were struggling for survival and had an internal hierarchy that was based on breeding and genetics then I probably could have got on board. I even tried to kid myself that this was what I was reading. But it’s about bees. I like Springwatch as much as the next gal, heck I even had A Bug’s Life socks when I was still rocking dungarees but this just didn’t float my boat.


Soz.



You Might Also Like

0 comments