Swimming in the Kindle Lagoon...

February 15, 2011

Yesterday I was thrown head-first into the deep and mesmerising waters that is the Kindle Lagoon. That's right folks, I was given a Kindle. The big question after being thrust into the dark depths of this lagoon, was - would I sink or swim? 


I swam! Hurrah! After I had registered my slim pal to my Amazon account I was ready to float forth. Admittedly, I did resemble more of a shocked beagle who had slipped down the embankment and has become tangled in the reeds. But after half an hour of doggy paddling, I had adjusted my stroke and was happily swimming with a strong front crawl through Amazon's Best-selling Ebooks.


After relaxing under the Fountain of Free Ebooks, which I will no doubt be retuning to, I changed direction and drifted back up the gentle banks and back to my night time read, a printed copy of Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell by Susanna Clarke.  


All in all, a good day and if you have managed to catch my thread then it is all the more wonderful.


I shall keep you updated with any more adventures in the Kindle Lagoon.

You Might Also Like

0 comments