"I cannot sleep unless I am surrounded by books." – Jorge Luis Borges

July 12, 2015

We landed back in the UK with a rather soggy bump on Saturday from our fantastic week on hols in Kos, Greece. A week in the sun with good food, drink and company was just what we needed and the rain that we returned to just made our memories of the week even more golden. We got up to lots of mischief on beach buggies and pirate ships but mainly we lazed around like big cats and consumed more than our recommended daily calorie intake. YOLO.


I spent most of my days swimming and reading (not at the same time but I do think there is money to be made in waterproof books sold at airports). Below is a snap of each read and a one line summery summary. Whey – homophones!


The Messiah Secret: James Becker


A race to find the Arc of the Covenant - chase around UK, Cairo and India. For lovers of Dan Brown and David Baldacci. Easy reading and pacy.


Saint Odd: Dean Koontz


Perfect blend of the paranormal, cults, murder and intrigue. Loved every juicy page. Unwittingly read the last in the series first, but going to dive back into Odd's world as soon as I've caught my breath.

I'll Give You the Sun: Jandy Nelson


Heartbreaking. Just. So. Damn. Sad. Fantastic -  but by heck did this book destroy me.



You Might Also Like

0 comments