World Book Day and Night!

March 03, 2011

Well, hello Mr March! This month sees a bookworm's double whammy jackpot as World Book Day and World Book Night provides people with a gazillion and one reasons to dip their noses into a book. Since I was a wee bern World Book Day has been a definite highlight in my calender. I'm not sure whether it was just the schools that I went to or everyone else had this, but my schools went all out with World Book Day and had awesome posters up in the library and corridors making reading 'cool'. Well I read and I'm cool, so I guess the posters didn't lie?? WBD was mainly aimed at children and now that I'm all growed-up I figured that I would leave it alone this year. HOWEVER World Book Night has changed things. Yup, adults can share in the fun now too, and the best bit is that it doesn't include the exchange of money. Wahey! My piggy bank will be pleased. The focus of this event is the importance of sharing fantastic literature, and opening our minds to books we may never have normally picked up. 


For the full low-down on this event a full list of titles included in this year's give-away visit http://www.worldbooknight.org/index.php


Let the countdown commence!

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. I'm going to the event in Trafalgar Square tonight, very excited! You going?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't get there in time. How was it??

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was good, but so so cold! Should have a blog post up about it this time tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete